If you have a question about printed circuit boards (PCBs) that isn't answered here, please contact us.
Find out more about PCB design, manufacturing, pricing and administration in our frequently asked questions.
PCB - Solder mask
- What is solder mask? Solder mask is the greenish laquer-like film covering most of the copper area except the pads.
- Do I really need solder mask? It depends – for hobbyist through hole PCBs, solder mask is more for aesthetics than functionality. For SMT boards, we highly recommend solder mask to ensure neat soldering. Solder mask was created mainly to facilitate wave soldering used in mass assembly. It also prevents solder from bridging between conductors, preventing short circuits.
- What solder mask do you use for PCB production? We use green Liquid Photo Imageable (LPI) solder mask.
- Does it cost more to use solder mask? No, the solder mask is a standard option for our prototype and production PCBs.
- What different solder mask colours are available for my PCBs? Apart from green, we can also supply PCBs with white, black, blue or red solder mask. In some cases, it does not cost extra if you opt for a different colour.
We are one-stop solution provider for all your contract assembly requirements. We have the capability and resources to provide PCB assemblies, as well as cable and harness assemblies.
What our customers say?
QualiEco Circuits Limited is an excellent supplier to us! We appreciate the quality of service and support that we receive from QualiEco Circuits. They always deliver what is promised
For printed circuit boards (PCBs) or PCB assembly you can count on. Talk to the friendly and experienced team at QualiEco Circuits, Australia.